Mistress of Accepted
Mistress of Accepted was an administrative position in the Department of Membership. This position focused on handling all aspects of a Accepted's life in the Tower. The position is also be called upon to provide counsel to the Director of Membership and the Officers.
Department: Department of Membership
Position Level: Administrator
Rotation: Every Eighteen months
Merit Eligibility: Administrator Merit
Chain of Command
The Mistress of Accepted reports directly to the Director of Membership.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide counsel to the administration as needed
- Keep track of where Accepted are at and send raising packets as necessary.
- Be prepared to assist with the female mentorship program.
- Provide the first line of defense when membership problems with Accepted arise
- Work with the Director and other membership admins when inter-group problems arise
- Moderate the three forums associated with Accepted
- Moderate the usergroups associated with Accepted
- Build morale and activity for the Accepted and within the Novice Halls
- Work to coordinate plans to celebrate community-wide festivals and freedays
- Write quarterly reports to the Director, Keeper, and Amyrlin about your Accepted
- Anything and everything that deals with Accepted
- Knowledge of the Bylaws and Member Manual are a plus; if you don't know them, you will learn them.
- Tact, diplomacy, and discretion are a must in this position, as you'll be privy to information that normal members are not!
- You must be a female Senior Member for at least six months.
The position was created in July 2007, when the Mistress of Novices role was split in two. When the terms of the current incumbents for the Captain of Soldiers and Mistress of Accepted end, the positions will be merged into the Master/Mistress of Accepted and Soldiers